Sean Keane - Exile



Now the fire is burning low
And it'll soon be time to go
And as the night turns into dawn
With the light I will be gone
So kiss me once and then I will go
And sing my name out soft and low
And as I turn on down the road
Your kiss will lighten up the load.

  And I'll go I never will return
  Inside a hope will always burn
  That we may meet in some place once again
  And you and I will still be friends
  The sun is shining brightly on the mountain and the sea
  The waves are white round Enishmore
  The ship lies in the harbour waiting for an evening breeze
  To take us to some foreign shore.

The world we lived in now is past
and winds of change are coming fast
But I will not forget the land
Where you and I walked hand in hand

So kiss me once and say goodbye 
and we'll try hard not to cry
These tumbling thoughts go through my head
Will stay forever left unsaid.

      Uma canção de despedida entre um marinheiro irlandês e a menina que encontrou no porto. Mais um monólogo dramático, onde os afectos são eternos por breves horas. 

Sem comentários:

Arquivo do blogue